Isaac and Hunter had fun playing cards with Grandma. On the first round Grandma didn't shuffle very well, and Isaac won every hand. They laughed and laughed!
Hunter has started another season of baseball. This year he is a Cardinal and he is on the same team with his cousin Tanner and also Ryan (a friend from church). The coach has his trying first base and pitcher. He is having fun. He's so good at sports! He also gets to spend time with Dad who is the assistant coach (when he's not at soccer).
Here are 9 things that I'm looking forward to in 2009! 1: Continued good health for myself and my family. 2: Russell having the opportunity to grow in his calling by going to 2 scout camps this summer. 3: Isaac turning 13 and officially becoming a teenager(o.k. so not so much the teenager part). 4: Hunter going to kindergarten. 5: Audrey taking more dance classes. 6: Cannon walking! 7: A vacation, anywhere. 8: Family coming to visit. 9: Scrapbooking more and getting photos organized. HAPPY NEW YEAR!
My Grandpa Mitton passed away on Tuesday, May 17th. My sister did a great post on him. I'll add some of my memories. When ever we would leave his driveway after spending time with him he would pound on the car twice as a goodbye. He served in WWII in the pacific. When he went to Africa he brought me back an elephant that he knew was my favorite animal. He was an accountant. One time when I was visitng him at the lake I got a flat tire. He helped me change it and get a new one, then sent me a bill. He liked to see my kids and kept asking me why I have so many and didn't I know that the world was over populated. I vaugely remember him living in the Twin Cities, but mostly when I think of Grandpa I think of him at the lake. He spent many years there and we'd always visit in the summer for a week and sometimes in the winter. He'd sit in his screened tent and just watch the lake. Love you Grandpa!
Comments