Thursday, October 14, 2010

My "New" Table

When our dear friends moved across the country we acquired their kitchen table. We were happy to have a larger table (it will seat 8!), but I wasn't too thrilled with the slats on the top. Those slats collected crumbs and spills which never seemed to come clean. So for my birthday I asked for the table to be refinished.

My wonderful husband came up with the idea to fill in the cracks with epoxy. He then spent time blowing out all the crumbs, rubbing it with stain and preparing it. After a week or so of "DO NOT TOUCH THE TABLE!!!" I am in love with it.

We can now do homework and projects without things getting stuck in the grooves and all spills and crumbs are easily wiped away. I know it was a big project (and expensive), but I am very grateful that it turned out perfectly. Thanks Sweetheart!


2 comments:

sara said...

beautiful! so glad it's easily cleaned!

Smart Helm said...

That really is beautiful. I never knew they made tables with slats. I'll make sure to stay away from them.