Friday, May 20, 2011

Grandpa Mitton


My Grandpa Mitton passed away on Tuesday, May 17th. My sister did a great post on him. I'll add some of my memories.

When ever we would leave his driveway after spending time with him he would pound on the car twice as a goodbye.

He served in WWII in the pacific.

When he went to Africa he brought me back an elephant that he knew was my favorite animal.

He was an accountant. One time when I was visitng him at the lake I got a flat tire. He helped me change it and get a new one, then sent me a bill.

He liked to see my kids and kept asking me why I have so many and didn't I know that the world was over populated.

I vaugely remember him living in the Twin Cities, but mostly when I think of Grandpa I think of him at the lake. He spent many years there and we'd always visit in the summer for a week and sometimes in the winter. He'd sit in his screened tent and just watch the lake.

Love you Grandpa!

2 comments:

sara said...

Good post. I remember the tire thing. Hilarious.

Brittany said...

Hey Eliza! Your Grandpa sounds so great! I'm glad you get to go to the funeral, and please just let me know what I can do to help with kids while you're gone.