Friday, October 9, 2009

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake Bars

What You Need:
1 pkg. chocolate cake mix 1 pkg. chocolate instant pudding
1/2 C. butter, melted 1/2 C. cold milk
6 squares bakers chocolate (I recommend using 1 C. chocolate chips instead)
1 C. dry roasted peanuts, divided (I didn't use these, because the kids said no)
1 C. creamy peanut butter

Make it:
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line 13X9 inch pan with foil; spray with cooking spray.

Mix first four ingredients until blended. (Mixture will be thick.)


Press half the cake mix mixture into prepared pan. Bake 10 minutes. (Then I put mine in the freezer for 10 min.)

Chop the chocolate. (The second and third time I made this, I used chocolate chips which I highly recommend.)
Sprinkle half of each of the chocolate and nuts over crust; top with peanut butter.

Cover with layers of remaining cake mix mixture, chocolate and nuts. Press gently with spatula.
Bake 15 min. Cool 1 hour. Refrigerate 4 hours before cutting into bars (or put in freezer to speed up the waiting time!)


Grab a glass of milk and enjoy!


Super yummy!

3 comments:

Nutty Hamster Chick said...

Those do look deelishios, but I don't have that much time or patience and so I will stick to my 10 minute lava cake.

sara said...

anything with chocolate and peanut butter has to be delish!
Although, now I'm curious about Pat's 10 min lava cake. Do share!

Nutty Hamster Chick said...

Sara, it is kind of evil, so you might want to know about it. BUT if you insist you have to get a pampered chef rice cooker for $25. I know it seemed a bit steep for me also, but 10 min cake, irristible. So you get a regular cake mix and mix it in the bowl according to the directions. Next you scoop 4 or 5 scoops of frosting on top of the batter. Put the lid on and microwave for 10 mins. Dump it out and walah, you have molten lava cake to die for. Except my microwave is super powerful so finally I have discovered to only cook my cakes for 7 minutes.