Thursday, January 17, 2013

Bridges of Madison County

We went to lunch group this week and they went to a cafe in Winterset, IA.  It is in Madison County, which was made famous from the movie The Bridges of Madison County.  The cafe we went to was even in the movie!  I watched the movie in college but wasn't impressed, I don't even think I finished it.  BUT I was very excited to learn the Madison County is the county right next to us and Winterset is only like a half hour away.
The Bridges of Madison County

The town of Winterset was really cute and I want to go back and explore some of the shops and things to do there.  They had a beautiful courthouse that Coral insisted was her castle.  The rest of the day she was a princess and wanted to go to her castle.  She even said there was a froggy in the pond!  When Russell came home she told him that he was the prince and that he should take her to the castle.  Where does she come up with this?  Can't wait to go back!

After lunch we stopped at a covered bridge on our way home.  It was really old and really neat!  We walked across it.  The water was frozen below us and Cannon wanted to go ice skating.  I think if it hadn't been 25 degrees we would have stayed longer.



I really want to go to the tourism office and get a map of the area with the other covered bridges.  I think they would be fun to see! 

1 comment:

sara said...

Did Cannon take the picture of you? I love the bridge. I think you should go back in the summer though, I bet it's a lot prettier.