Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Yoga

I've started a "Biggest Loser" contest with some friends from church.  So far I haven't seen much change, but I do feel a small difference in the way I can move my body.  My goal, besides losing weight is to have a healthier lifestyle.  I'm doing things that work for me and my life at this stage.  I don't enjoy exercising, but I've been doing it.  I've found that I like yoga a little.  I can stretch and move and feel stonger.  I've done some strengthening exercises I found online and I've also done some cardio videos on youtube.  A lady in our group teaches Zumba and I did that, it wasn't completly horrible, so I've done and will do it again.  Mostly I'm just trying things that will get me moving without feeling like I'm dying.  I've also been working on my diet.  Smaller portions, less sweets, more water and fruits and veggies.  I'm going slow because I really want this to by a lifestyle change, and not something that I can't be realistic with. Hopefully these changes will result in me losing weight bust mostly I want to be healthier and be more active.

The kids have gotten into exercising with me, which I think is great.  Cannon and Coral like to do bicycles and sit up with me and Hunter and Audrey tried yoga.
(I purposely used the blurry picture because I'm not happy with my body, but I wanted to put a picture up to show the kids working out with me!)

No comments: