Thursday, May 22, 2008

Pepper

Well I had to give Pepper away. I feel awful, but it was necessary. She was getting to be too much for me to handle with everything else that I have to do (kids, sleep, housework, etc.) She was a good puppy and Russell and I really liked her, but the kids didn't like her too much. Russell doesn't have time to train her, walk her, etc. and I just can't handle it. I feel really bad that now I figure out that I can say no to something.

SO I was driving to the shelter and crying my eyes out and just feeling awful. When I got there a nice worker said that she's been thinking about getting a lab and that she'd like mine! Hooray someone wants her, that can take care of her and give her all the attention that she needs! I was so thrilled. She came last night to pick Pepper up and I think that she will just give Pepper a great home.

So everything turned out o.k., but it was a VERY emotional day. I was completely drained by the end of the night. Now we know that we shouldn't have a dog until 1. We have a bigger yard/house. 2. The kids are older and don't need attention every 5 seconds. We still love dogs, and hopefully we'll get one at a less complicated time in our life.

1 comment:

Josh said...

I am going to miss Pepper, but I do support you guys in your decision.