Monday, August 18, 2008

Good from Bad

Yesterday as I was walking outside to put something in the trash, I stepped on a piece of glass.(Bad) Russell got the tweezers and tried to get it out. It wouldn't come out.(Bad) It hurt a lot!(Bad) It was almost time for church, and I was supposed to do sharing time.(Bad) I called one of my councilors and asked if she could do it. Mentally she juggled everything she had to do, and then said yes. (Good) Some friends were able to watch the kids so we didn't have to take them to quick care with us.(Good) We only had to wait about an hour before we were seen by the Dr.(Good) He didn't have the proper lighting or tools to extract the glass.(Bad) He had gentle fingers (Good), but still had to dig around a bit.(Bad) He didn't want to numb me(Bad) in case there was anything else there he wanted me to feel it so he could get it out. Finally after squeezing Russell's hand(Good me, Bad him) the glass came out!(GOOD) It was so little, but it was tough to get to and it caused a lot of pain. I had to get a tetanus shot(Bad-ouch, Good because I probably needed it).

So a bad experience turned out good because a. I have great friends. b. I have great councilors that don't really need me in primary. and c. a pain free foot!

2 comments:

Nutty Hamster Chick said...

way to look on the positive. It sound horrible to me any way you look at it. Yikes. Hope you are coping today.

Shawna said...

You are such a trooper!