Thursday, August 14, 2008

Out with the Old

Our carpet in the living room has been steadily getting worse and worse. It was no nasty that I couldn't stand it any more and so we ripped it out. I said that concrete would be better than our gross stained carpet. And it was, but it didn't look that great either. We wanted it to look like we cared about the appearance of our home. So I looked up staining concrete and they can do some beautiful things, but we opted for the more efficient (cheap) version and just painted it. We were going to do a checker board with white & gray. We painted it white and the next day when we walked on it, it had black feet marks on it, SO white wasn't going to work. We decided to paint the gray as our main color and then get another color for the checker board look. Once the gray was on, we just decided to leave it. Our goal is to save for wood flooring, so we didn't want to put any more work/money into this project. I found a great rug at the DI for $30 and we are slowly putting the room together. We changed where the couches are and the computer armoire so that is making the room look a lot different. We also had a lot of stuff jammed in here so we are trying to downsize. I will post some more pictures when the room is complete, but for now you can have a sneak peek.

3 comments:

sara said...

Looks good! I like the rug and I wasn't sure I would. Nice job! I bet you're so glad to be rid of the carpet. Anytime you want to come to my house and help with home improvements you're more than welcome!

Staynight. Com Graphics Blog said...

Hey!! I like the floor. Russell gave me your blog addy. In fact he's standing over me right now. LOL!! I do some scrapbooking too. Although mine is done digitally. Then I print them out.

Take care!

Colleen

Wyatt & Tammy said...

I like the way your floor turned out. When we start thinking/ dreaming about how we want our house to be, I keep saying it should all be cement and then I can just hose it down when it gets really bad. You guys are hard workers. Miss you all.