Thursday, March 31, 2011

Keep Your Fingers Crossed

After many years of making pomegranate jelly I really wanted to enter it into the county fair. One year I completely forgot (probably pregnant) another year we were out of town. Then this year I didn't make any because I was pregnant and too huge to tackle such a large task.

Well its time for the fair again and I decided that I had to do it. So on Saturday Sara and I made some jelly (we cheated and bought juice) and we also made some ice cream toppings because we saw some in a farmers market in MN. I also threw in some strawberry jam I made a month ago and some other jelly that was a little older (hope its still good...) And today was the day I turned it in.

Now we just have to wait for judging at the fair next week. I'm not sure if we'll be able to go, so if anyone heads out that way and sees a nice shiny blue ribbon on my jelly please let me know!

5 comments:

Brittany said...

Did you save some for me? I'm kidding but not really.... I want to try it! I'll show up to preschool one day with a piece of bread :).

Nutty Hamster Chick said...

Wait, I am suppose to turn in Melanie's things and she told me to do it tomorrow. Please do not tell me I am late and ruining all her hopes and dreams?

Coleman Express said...

Good Luck!!!!

Smart Helm said...

Good luck my friend! I have to admit I never looked at the other date and times for turning in stuff for the fair cuz I could only do Friday afternoon. I've now looked them up and seen they are probably closer. I didn't mean to make Pat nervous. But I'm glad u finally got to submit it! YA FOR YOU!! That's best in class material for sure.

sara said...

Hooray! We'd better at least get one blue ribbon out of the bunch. We have enough selection so I think our odds are good.