Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Ways to use your gym membership

There are many ways to use a gym membership, I'll just let you know how I used mine today.
First: Drop off the kids at the daycare.
Second: Put gym bag into a locker.
Third: Get a delicious fruit smoothie from the juice bar.
Fourth: Find a seat w/ a table and sit down to enjoy smoothie.
Fifth: Address all Christmas card envelopes.
Sixth: Change clothes in locker room.
Seventh: Go sit in the hot tub.
Eighth: Take a long shower.
Ninth: Take as much time as you want getting yourself ready.
Tenth: Pick up kids at the daycare.

While this might not be the best way to get in shape, it did wonders for my state of mind. I was less stressed about getting things done (i.e. Christmas card addresses) and I was more patient with my children. All in all I think this was a great day at the gym. AND when people ask me what I did today I can say, "I went to the gym" and they'll think how dedicated I am. :)

P.S. I meet with my trainer tomorrow, so I'll be hurting tomorrow night!

5 comments:

Smart Helm said...

hee hee..I love it!

Way to get Christmas cards out. In my world, they only exist to be recieved, never sent. What more could people want to know about me that's not on my blog?

hee hee

I'd believe u went to the gym.

word verification "slymble"... u sly bumble!

Shawna said...

That's the best use of a gym membership I've ever heard of! Way to take some time out for yourself.

Nutty Hamster Chick said...

You go girl. After all a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do. and isn't good peace of mind part of over all health. I am sure it is.

Elizabeth said...

Too funny...I've contemplated doing similar things. Someday!

nevadanista said...

You're a clever girl, turning your gym into a day spa like that!