Monday, April 14, 2008

Clark County Fair

Hunter had a concert at the Clark County Fair on Friday. So after I got Isaac from school I headed out there with the kids. When I was walking into the fair with my big belly, pushing Audrey in a stroller and the boys running around I thought, What have I gotten myself into? Then I noticed that just about everyone in Logandale was pregnate with a bunch of kids running around, so I wasn't in the minority. Russell did come out later and we had fun as a family.
Isaac loves the tractors and machines right as you walk in, so we did that part first. Then I tried to get them to look at the things in the building that you win ribbons for (pictures, quilts, canning, etc.) That lasted about 2 minutes! So on we went. I really want to enter my pomegranite jelly. I need to find out how to do that. Wouldn't it be cool to win a ribbon for my hard work?
Next, the boys thought they should go on a ride or play a game in the carnival section, but I made them go look at the animals! Audrey loved the animals. It was really fun to watch her. She can do a really good cow sound now. There was also a large sand area that the kids could dig in and find onions, potatoes or carrots. Isaac loved digging and making tunnels, so we left him there and looked at the cute baby pigs. My friend April and her daughter met us in this area and she had fun showing us her favorite rooster. When it was time to go, Isaac didn't want to leave. I guess dirt can be just as fun as a carnival ride after all.
We got Hunter a hot dog and then went out to the van to get him changed and ready for his concert. Sara, Alber, Russell & Cheryl all made it to the fair by then and we watched Hunter perform. His group was so adorable! He did a great job! I was so happy I could see him up on stage. His next concert is just a few days after I have the baby so I won't be able to go to it.
After the concert we all ate some yummy fair food. Russell even tried a mutten burger! Then we showed Russell the animals (Isaac just dug in the dirt) and the boys played a game where they won a large bat.
It was a fun day. It was nice to get away from Vegas and enjoy some small town fun.

1 comment:

psmitton said...

Hi,
I will fix Audrey's dress when i get out there.
Mom