Monday, June 1, 2009

Mt. Charleston

We went on our ward camp out on Mother's Day weekend, and I wanted to post about it, but then never got around to it, so since its still May, I'll post it now.



We had such a nice time camping in the mountains. It was cool, peaceful and kinda pretty. Even after 12 years of mountains I'm still not sure I like them and after 9 years of desert, it still hasn't grown on me. So it was pretty in a mountain desert sort of way.



The kids love camping, especially being in the tent. The whole time we were setting up Hunter kept saying that he was tired and really wanted to take a nap. We knew he just wanted to be in the tent, even though it was still flat on the ground.




After our last camp out, we knew that the kids ended up sleeping with Mom on the air mattress and Dad ended up on the ground. So this time we brought the cot for my Sweetheart to sleep on. We put Hunter on the ground, which worked for most of the night, then he ended up sleeping with his knees in my back. Audrey and Cannon kept snuggling and pushing me until I was stuck against the side of the tent. I finally got up and moved to the wide open space on the other side of the air mattress (where Hunter found me later that night). Then Audrey kept kicking off the sleeping bag, which made Cannon cold and then he would cry. I'd put blankets back on and then Audrey would cry. Can you tell that I had a loooooong night?




We do love camping and we hope that when the kids are a little older that we might get more sleep. :)

5 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I have such mixed feelings about camping. I love it in theory, but then when we actually do it, it sucks. I never, ever sleep well.

Nutty Hamster Chick said...

That is funny we both finally got this posted. Sorry about your night. No wonder you were gone by the time I came out of my van.

sara said...

Um, at least you didn't wake up with a giant wet spot in your sleeping bag and air mattress.
As much as I love sleeping with Hunter I think I'll pass on that!

Smart Helm said...

Yup.. too much work. I'm into going to the woods with a trailer :-)

Shawna said...

I don't think camping with kids is ever really fun, but they will always remember it being a blast. Kudos to you for continuing to go.