Monday, June 22, 2009

Hello from MO!

O.k., so I've been a little slow about posting, but I am on vacation!!!

Here's a little update. We left on the 9th at about 6:30 AM. Although my MIL and I traded off driving, I ended up driving INTO each state. It was pretty cool to see Welcome to... Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas and Missouri. The kids did really good in the car. The first day we drove all the way to TX before we called it quits. We spent the night in a hotel and then were back on the road by 10:00. We drove until 10:00 that night. Driving through Oklahoma we passed through a serious storm. The rest of the way we had my Sweetheart checking the weather online to tell us when we'd pass it. Luckily once we got to KS the weather held. I've never really been in NM, TX, OK or that part of KS, so it was pretty cool to drive through. It was fun knowing that when I woke up in the morning that there wouldn't be any more mountains!

Here's a picture of the kids playing at McDonalds. Thank goodness for play places!!!



The internet is slow out here in the country, but I will keep being patient and will post more things soon.

6 comments:

Nutty Hamster Chick said...

I am so glad to hear that you survived with out the need to be committed to the insane asylum. Hope you are having lots of fun.

Smart Helm said...

That's quite a lot of driving! I'm sure ur having tons of fun. Not that I'm jealous or anything.

sara said...

Are they playing in their pjs? Nice.

Shawna said...

I'm glad y'all made the trip safe and sound. I thought of you as I was buying fireworks yesterday. I thought how lucky you are to be able to shoot off fireworks that actually go into the sky...Vegas is such a bummer when it come to the 4th of July.

Unknown said...

They look like they are having so much fun! Hope you guys enjoy your vacation!

Barbaloot said...

That is a serious amount of driving! Hope the rest of the vacation is fun:)