Sunday, July 12, 2009

ADAM-ONDI-AHMAN

In all my visits to MO in recent years I haven't taken the opportunity to go to Adam-Ondi-Ahman. It is a church history site that is literally just down the road about 15 min. The last time I was there I was a teenager. Since I had lots of time to do things on this trip I decided to go.

The kids fell asleep in the car, so my MIL stayed with them while I walked down the first path.



It was so quiet and peaceful.

When I got back to the car the kids had woken up, so we drove to the next area. Then we all got out and walked on the path. From there you can see out over more of the valley.


The other church history site that is super close (15 min. the other direction from the house) is Far West. I had been there recently, so I didn't go this trip.

6 comments:

Kristina P. said...

What part of MO are you in? My inlaws live right outside of Independence. When we were there for Christmas, we finally visited Liberty Jail and some of the other sites.

The Cairns Family said...

It looks like you guys are having a great time! What a beautiful place to visit.

sara said...

Finally some pictures! Hooray! I'm glad you got to go there. I haven't been since I was a teenager either. Although, that's not as long ago for me as it is for you!

Smart Helm said...

I went when I was very little and need to go again. How fun to do a little church history AND be with family!

Nutty Hamster Chick said...

I have never been, but I have heard so many people say that it is one of the best kept secrets in the church.

Shawna said...

It looks very peaceful. I don't think I've ever been to any church history sites.