Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Hello from IL!

Well, I'm now staying with my dear college friend, Kristy and her family. They live just north of Chicago. We arrived Tuesday evening after a long drive from MO. Today, Wednesday we went to downtown Chicago, saw some sights, took Russell to the airport and then spent 3 hours in traffic! It's a good thing that everyone took a nap. :) Tomorrow I make the drive to MN.

We went to Navy Pier, which is where you can see Lake Michigan. We took an archetectual boat tour on the river that runs through the town. It was really neat to see all of the cool old buildings and to hear their stories. We got some hot dogs to eat on the boat. Russell of course got the "Chicago Style" dog.

After the boat tour we walked around Navy Pier for a little bit and then headed off to the airport. It was really fun to see the Chicago skyline.

6 comments:

Coleman Express said...

Glad you made it there safely. Have a fun drive to MN...give Mom and Dad a big hug for me. I so wish I could be there with you guys.

Smart Helm said...

Glad ur having fun!

Can't wait to hear all about it.

sara said...

I love Navy Pier. I can't wait to see some pictures!

Unknown said...

Im glad you are having fun but i sure miss you! I haven't been able to scrapbook with anyone while you are not here. . .it is very sad. But still glad that you are having a good time!

Shawna said...

I can't wait to see the pictures. Sounds like a great time. Ronnie would have loved to have been there, not for the dog but to catch a Cubs game.

Nutty Hamster Chick said...

Wow, so much fun.