Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Done yet?

We still had a few things growing in our garden. I wasn't sure if they were done yet, so I left them to grow.

Oops!



So when I saw this watermelon,
I thought it must be time to harvest the other three.

Hunter was excited to pick them, so I called him outside to the garden.



Everyone carried them inside.

They sat on the counter looking so pretty. We were excited to eat them for dinner.



Then we saw this. I guess they weren't done yet!


Oh well, its time to clean up everything and get ready for my fall garden. Hopefully things will turn out better.

2 comments:

Smart Helm said...

Live and learn I suppose. I'm way surprised that ur watermelon plant survived the heat!

Shawna said...

Bummer! I think they need to invent a pop up timer thing for veggies and fruit.