Monday, June 2, 2008

Hectic

Life with a newborn is always hectic. Life with 3 other children is always hectic. Life with a husband that tears up the front yard to put in sprinklers is always hectic. Life is just hectic, right?

Well on top of my life this past weekend my sister got married. My parents were in town. We had a TON of work to do to make things perfect for her. I hardly got any sleep at night and naps were only for the babies.

BUT now that it is all over, I can say that I made it. One thing that helped me get through each hectic day was chocolate. I definitely enjoy anything chocolate. When I was taking a much needed 5 minute break one day, I ate a piece of Dove chocolate (o.k. probably more than one piece). On the wrappers of Dove chocolates are "Promise"messages. My message that day was....

You're allowed to do nothing.

Isn't that a great promise? Now if only my hectic life would allow it to happen.

2 comments:

Nutty Hamster Chick said...

I agree you deserve to do nothing, but it is highly unlikely that it will happen. Keep trying though.

Shawna said...

That is the best promise ever! But I don't think you would ever do nothing. If you had any free time you would probably read or scrapbook.