Thursday, July 31, 2008

Special Time w/Mom

Last week I had such a nice time away from the kids and they had such a fun time at Grandma's that my sister-in-law offered to let me do it again. I was of course thrilled, but I decided to do something a little different. I asked Hunter if he would like a special Mommy day with no other kids around. He asked what we would do. When I told him that we could do whatever he wanted he immediately said yes.

So today we went to the new park on Flamingo/Buffalo that has water. We've driven by it a lot, and Hunter has been asking to go there. So we dropped off the other 3 kids to Aunt Cheryl, put on our swimsuits and headed to the park.

I had a lot of fun playing with Hunter and not having to worry about the other kids. I could run and splash and give Hunter my complete attention. Did I mention that I was the only parent in the water? All the other adults sat under the shade on the benches and would come out and get their feet wet a little. I guess I looked a little strange running through the water like the kids. But Hunter had fun with me (I hope). We played for like an hour and a half then I let him pick a spot for lunch. I was really hoping that he'd pick a restaurant, but of course he picked fast food. So we went to Wendy's and then went to get the kids.

It was a GREAT morning! Thanks Cheryl! :)

No comments: