Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Meeting Jim at the Gym

Well, I've joined the gym. My reasons for doing this are:
1. I need to get in shape and lose some weight.
2. It gives me something to do besides sit around the house.
3. The day care is great. I can get away from the kids for up to 2 hours a day!
4. We paid a lot of money, so I now am obligated to go.

I've gone 4 days now and its been good. Some of the equipment is intimidating, but I'm not going to try out for muscle magazine, so I can just skip those ones.

I also have a personal trainer. Today I had my first training (hence the title of this post). He has HUGE bulging muscles everywhere! I'm not sure why they signed me up with him. He's nice though and taught me how to use some of the weight machines and the elliptical thing (which he says we'll work up to in a few weeks). Then he took my Body Fat Index measurements. He nicely told me that I probably still had baby fat on from having Cannon (instead of just saying I'm fat).

Anyway I have a lot to work on, but its kinda fun. Especially getting a break from the kids. Russell said that I could just hang out in the juice bar for 2 hours, I just might do that... but for now I'll be sweating it out. If anyone wants to join me at the Las Vegas Athletic Club I'd love to have a friend there to keep me motivated!

No comments: