Friday, November 28, 2008

Black Friday

My sister Sara and I braved the crowds and went out shopping on "black Friday". We weren't crazy and camp overnight or even stand in long lines waiting for stores to open, but we did get up at 4:30 and get to Walmart at 5:00 for their opening.

It was PACKED! We had Cannon sleeping in the bottom of one cart and Sara was pushing the other one. We quickly abandoned the second cart and even had me step into a side asile for a while so that Sara could brave the electronics department. After an hour and half the store was fairly empty and we breezed through the checkout line with almost everything that we came in for. Success!

Next we went across the street to Home Depot. Where after a lot of help from some great employees we went to a different Home Depot so Sara could get her $50 7 1/2 ft. tree. A little time consuming, but successful!

We then went to Sears and then on to Target. By 10:00 we were TIRED and done! :)

Only a few more items to pick up and projects to finish and then I can say I'm ready for Christmas!




3 comments:

sara said...

Good recap, I almost feel like I was reliving the day!

Wyatt & Tammy said...

FUN!!! I love to go, but I did not have a newspaper to give me a clue where to go. Wyatt tried to find me one on Thanksgiving Day, but they were all sold out early in the morning. Maybe next year I can go with my new baby?

Shawna said...

Looks like you made a great haul! You are mighty brave shopping with Cannon those people are ruthless! I'm glad you are almost ready for Christmas.