Wednesday, November 12, 2008

A New Phase in Life

Phase 1:


Girl falls in love. Girl gets married. Girl finds out that her new husband snores. LOUDLY. Girl spends most of her newlywed nights sleeping on the couch, trying to get away from the noise.


This hurts the Boy's feelings. Girl eventually gets used to the noise and can now sleep in the same room with Boy.





Phase 2:


Boy is having a lot of trouble sleeping. Boy gets a sleep study done. The test showed that the Boy stopped breathing 125 times per hour. The Girl is scared. The Boy gets a CPAP machine.
This machine blows contines oxygen into his face so that he can breathe througout the night. This is a picture of Boy showing Girl what she will sleep next to for the rest of her life.
Boy is really excited about this machine. Boy is ready to have a good night's sleep. Boy is ready not to be tired all day. Boy says that in the morning he will jump out of bed and be refreshed. Girl is a little nervous about sleeping next to "Darth Vadar". Girl is happy that Boy is happy.

Boy sleeps peacefully.

Girl sleeps peacefully. There is NO MORE LOUD SNORING!

Girl has a miracle!

8 comments:

sara said...

This is hilarious! Nice writing and excellent pictures! Someday I hope to sleep snore free as well! I totally remember how it was when you first got married. You sent me a tape when I was on my mission and you recorded him snoring while whispering to me in the hallway!

Wyatt & Tammy said...

You gave me a good laugh. Congratulations on your new snore free nights.

Unknown said...

My father in law has sleep apnea also and has a CPAP. My mother in law was really worried about it also but they are both really enjoying the snore-free nights. maybe I should get Jacob cheked out! Congrats on the great sleep!

Rebecca said...

Where can I get one of those for my bed buddy? The miracle, for me, would be getting him to admit he snores and worse, stops snoring while I count one one thousand, two one thousand...until he breathes/snores again. But he insists he does not snore. I am the one who was falling asleep during the day. Maybe sleeping somewhere else is a good solution since he does not snore.

Shawna said...

What a great story! I always love a happy ending. Russ was a good sport. Ronnie laughed so hard at this post.

Ronnie Lutes said...

Russ...I am your father.

The Crash Test Dummy said...

You are hilarious! I need a CRAP machine for snoring. Have you seen my snoring post. You have to check it out. It's called How do you spell a snore and it's way back in August I think.

Oh, it's a CPAP machine.

I like CRAP machine better

Your verifier says ainalou

That's Hawaiian for skip to my lou

THANKS FOR PUTTING ME ON YOUR BLOGROLL!

Habs said...

I am a very light sleeper and my worst fear is I will marry someone who snores. I was already planning on a lucy/dezi resolution i.e. separate sleeping arrangement just in case I do marry a snorer. Now I have hope!