Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Sleep? Oh, Sleep! Where are you?

Once I realized that I was going to have snore free nights, I was overjoyed! What I didn't count on though was my children.

On Sunday Night (Mon. morning) all three of them decided that 4 AM would be a great time to wake up. Monday night, Hunter snuck into our bed for half the night until I took him back to his bed. The other half of the night Cannon was up every two hours until I let him sleep with us. Audrey actually stayed in her bed and only cried once.

This brings me to last night.

11:00 PM I turn out the lights and go to bed, thinking to myself that Cannon will probably be up in an hour.
12:00 AM Cannon wakes up. I feed him.
1:00 AM I wake up, slumped over with Cannon still in my arms to Audrey screaming. I quickly put Cannon back in his bed and go see Audrey. She is standing up with her blanket and sippy, has already said "good bye" to binky and is ready to get out of bed. I bring her back to bed with me.
2:00 AM Fight with Audrey about the covers (she doesn't want any), her kicking me and other things that make sleep difficult.
3:00 AM I actually don't remember. Could I have been asleep?
4:00 AM Cannon wakes up. I feed him.
5:00 AM I wake up, slumped over with Cannon still in my arms to Hunter trying to crawl into my bed. I told him to go to Dad's side because there wasn't any room with Audrey there. He said that he wanted to sleep with me. I put Cannon back in his bed. Tucked Hunter into my bed, and then snuck to his bed.
5:30 AM Cannon starts crying. I get up and put in his binky.
6:00 AM Russell's alarm goes off.
7:00 AM All kids are awake and ready to start the day.

Sadly this is a fairly typical night lately. Is it any wonder that I'm super crabby and have no patience with my kids? I find myself yelling a lot and getting angry really quickly. I feel really bad about it, but can't seem to stop.

Any solutions to getting more (any) sleep?

5 comments:

sara said...

I have a brilliant idea. I have 2 empty guest rooms. Need I say more?

Shawna said...

Wow! I don't know how you even have enough energy to yell. I'd say do be so hard on yourself. Yelling is only bad when you yell at your kids 10 seconds before the new missionaries knock on your door (totally happened to me!)and you know they totally heard you.

When I was little and got scared at night I crawled in bed with my brother, we had bunk beds. But that was a long time ago, I'm sure now parents would be arrested for letting a brother and sister sleep together.

Nutty Hamster Chick said...

Right there with you sista! Although maybe mine is not at bad as yours. All I can say is when you are going through hell, don't stop. This too will pass, but it doesn't make it any better or easier at thet time. Big hug, and hany in there.

Maybe you need to hire Bailey to come and babysit in the afternoons so you can get a nap. :)

Smart Helm said...

I thought u were very nice at the RS activity. You hide ur crabbyness very well.

You can drop by my house. 3 beds and a quiet back bedroom. I do have a loud bird, but only sometimes..... Maybe we could instead just lock the kids in the back bedroom!

Josh said...

I think the only effective solution is ear plugs, but we have never actually tried it...