Saturday, April 18, 2009

Gardening

For some reason I love to work in the garden.

I definately did not like to do this when I was a kid. Each summer my sister's and I would get a "row" (or more) to weed. We hated doing this. Then we would have to pick everything and then help with the canning. We hated this more.

Now I love it. I feel like I've really accomplished something. I love getting my hands dirty mixing up the dirt. I like picking seeds out. I like it that my kids like to help me. I like to stand there and water the garden and imagine the little seeds growing. I love to see the first little bit of green come out of the dirt. I like to see things grow big and produce.

Although things in the desert don't grow as abuntly as in other places. I have had some small succces.

It makes it all worthwhile to have your kids eating something that they had a part in growing.

It is delicious and healthy. It makes me happy.

4 comments:

Smart Helm said...

Gardening always is fun... My sister uses it to help her return to sanity after a day in social work.

Good job 2 u!

BTW, I just saw an awesome book at Barns and Nobles about planting in Vegas.. a month by month guide. I didn't buy it cuz I was already at my 1 book limit, but next month maybe I'll get it and we can share. It was way interesting and had some great info.

rychelle said...

When I saw Sara's box garden I was blown away. She told me you were the true master gardener and now I believe her.

sara said...

Good job. I hear you on hating it as kids. Mostly because of weeds. I don't have any weeds due to the fact that all my dirt came from bags. That's the best part.

Shawna said...

You look mighty official with that hat! I turned our garden over to the kids to plant what they wanted. Should be interesting.