Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Road Trip

Click to play this Smilebox scrapbook: Phoenix, AZ April 2009
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox

The first weekend in April we went on a road trip to Phoenix, AZ. We went to visit Russell's sister Cheryl and her husband Gavan and their two dogs.

The drive (which I did all of it) was really pleasant and pretty. We went through a Joshua Tree forest and then saw the most amazing saguaro cactus. They were huge and were just out there along the road. (In my youth when I would picture the west this is what I imagined. Huge cactus everywhere.) It was amazing.

We loved seeing the sights of Phoenix and going to the Science Center. We had a great time at Cheryl and Gavan's house. We miss them, but we're glad that they are not too far away.

4 comments:

sara said...

Looks like fun! I wish I could've gone!

Smart Helm said...

Looks like u had a great time. Glad u had fun!

Shawna said...

What fun!
a canoe in a pool, that's like every kids dream! I can't believe you laid on the bed of nails, brave woman.

Barbaloot said...

Oh Phoenix---I used to live there and I miss that heat!