Wednesday, April 8, 2009

stupid, stupixd, stupid!!!

I can't believe I was so stupid and missed it! I missed the deadline for turning in items to the Clark County Fair. That means that my wonderful pomegranate jelly won't get the blue ribbon I've been dreaming about. I even had my labels planned out for next season... Eliza's BLUE RIBBON Pomegranate Jelly.

The whole time we made the jelly I thought about turning my hard work into the fair officials to get judged. I made the jelly in October and knew the fair was in April, so I had a lot of time to think about this. So that's why I can't believe I missed it! AHHH!

I talked about with my friend a while ago. I looked up the dates that I could turn stuff in. I thought about what other things I could turn in. There was an email from R.S. about the fair and how you can turn stuff in. All of these things should have helped my remember, right? Well, I didn't write it on my calendar. I just left it there in my brain. So of course it slipped right out. Last week when I could've turned my delicious jelly in I was a little busy and then I was preoccupied with going on a weekend trip. Then I went on my trip.

So when I read my friend Melanie's blog this morning I knew that I had blown it. I STILL can't believe that I missed it!

Now I'm depressed and sad.

7 comments:

sara said...

oh my gosh! Do you think we could write a letter to the officials? Maybe stage a protest or start a petition.
That seriously was going to be a blue ribbon winner. We were going to start marketing it as such!
Oh man!

Kristina P. said...

I'm so sorry! What a bummer!

And I've never had pomegranate jelly, but I do love them!

Smart Helm said...

I'm really sad 4 u too! I even thought about offering to turn things in for people. I shoulda followed up no my prompting.

You know, u actually still CAN turn stuff in, u just would have to do it in Overton. Just saying.

Smart Helm said...

Wow.. we all commented right after each other.

Like I said, just turn it in in Overton and u can "market" that blue ribbon jelly (although those of us who eat it already know it is Blue Ribbon quality!)

rychelle said...

if it help, i would be willing to judge a jar of that jelly for you!
no?

Smart Helm said...

Did u go to Overton?

Shawna said...

Use the labels anyway, it is totally blue ribbon quality.