Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Ewww, gross!

"MOM, There's a weird smell in my room!" Is never a great thing to hear from your 12 year old.

Apparently over the weekend while he was at his Mom's house his snake died. With his door closed all weekend the smell was quite strong. Unfortunately his Dad wasn't home when this discovery happened. So I had to deal with it. After we figured out that the smell was the dead snake, we took the entire cage outside. Then we doused his room in air freshener. It was so gross.

Then to make matters worse the cage sat outside for a few days before the yard started to smell and there were flies circling. Russell told Isaac that he needed to dispose of it.

So thankfully I didn't have to get any closer than taking a picture. IF you are interested in those pictures keep reading if you are my sister then... close your eyes Sara, there's a couple more pictures coming!










4 comments:

rychelle said...

this is only one of the (many)reasons i will never allow a snake in my house.

Barbaloot said...

Ew Ew Ew! I skipped the pictures cuz I can't stand snakes. Ew!

Smart Helm said...

Nasty! Poor snake. I don't mind looking at snakes from far away but not so much up close, let alone caring for them.

ICK!

Nutty Hamster Chick said...

I can not beleive that Jared's snakes are still alive. It is nothing short of a miracle.