Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The Wind has been Knocked out of my Summer Sails

I have been SUPER excited that my BIG summer plans are only 12 days away. I (with 3 of my kids) are driving (with my MIL) to MO on June 9th. We will spend about a month there, then I'll head off to Chicago for a few days with my awesome friend from college that I haven't seen for 5 years. Then its off to MN to spend time with my parents. My Dad will drive back with me to LV sometime in August. Yes, friends I plan on beating the LV heat by being GONE for 2 months. Yes, I do feel guilty for leaving my husband home alone and Yes, I feel guilty for leaving my job as primary president, but I really need to get away. This is my last chance to do something big before Hunter starts kindergarten, so I'm going for it!

The plan was for Isaac to join us whenever he could. We had originally had a plan with his Mom that we would do a week with us and a week with her. Which meant that Isaac could spend a whole week in MO or MN. He was super excited. I was super excited.


If you noticed that I said, was you'll know that by using the past tense, that the plan has now changed. His Mom could not come to a compromise with us, so now we are going back to the divorce decree arangement. Which is that we get him Wed. night at 8 PM until Sun. morning at 8 AM. He also can't go to scout camp with our ward because his birthday is during that week and his Mom has him for his birthday this year and she won't let him go. He will still go to scout camp with his other ward, but that means that Russell will have to cancel his flight to MO to pick him up. It happens to be father's day weekend, so we get him but now Russell won't see his other kids or his Dad.

So you can see why I'm sad. I'm also mad. This sucks! Well, I guess I just have to focus on Isaac and make sure that he is o.k. I'll also have to check on flights so that he can go back and forth more often. I just don't get her. Sometimes it seems like she doesn't think about what Isaac wants. It's so frustrating.

9 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Custody stuff is always such a mess! I'm so sorry about all this.

Nutty Hamster Chick said...

So not fair. But it will be awesome to be gone from Vegas for the summer.

sara said...

She sucks. Let's go egg her house. I can't believe you're going back to half weeks. Wasn't it Isaac who wanted to spend his weeks with you? You should go back to court and have him tell a judge what he wants. I can't wait until he's 18! (But that sounds a little scary too!)

Shawna said...

It does suck, it sucks hard that Issac can't have the super fun summer that you planed for him. He is very fortunate to have you guys that thinks about what would be best for him instead of your own selfish wants.

Unknown said...

As the awesome friend in Chicago, I feel the obligation to say that your visit here is going to be AWESOME!!!

rychelle said...

it always makes me sad to hear things like this. it's too bad that his mother can't put his wants/desires before her own.

Coleman Express said...

I am sorry....what the heck! She is so crazy. I seriously think she has got some problems.

Smart Helm said...

That is so not fun... those pictures shore explain it all! You'd think a mother would put her kid first.

I am really glad u can make it out of Vegas for the summer... so jealous! I'll miss u, but I'm shore the primary will more :-)

Unknown said...

I know that I am going to miss you while you are gone, and our get togethers with your family. And sorry that stuff sucks for issac! But I promise, that Jacob will be having your husband over to play magic, often while you are gone. They have already discussed that!