Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Como Zoo

We went to the Como Zoo in St. Paul. This is an older zoo, but it has gotten updated and it looks pretty good. Its a small zoo, but its really nice. One of my favorite things to see when I was a kid was the conservatory. It was so fun to step inside the warm building and see the snow outside. We would be able to take off our jackets and wander around the warm, humid air looking at some incredible plants and flowers.

On this trip they had a butterfly garden set up and since we liked it so much at the MN zoo we decided to head there first. It was AMAZING! There were millions of butterflies everywhere. It was beautiful. The kids tried really hard to hold still so that one would land on them. Luckily, it happend to me!

After forcing the kids to leave the butterflies we went and saw some silly monkeys.

We also saw a tiger.

Another exhibit that I loved as a kid was the polar bears. Unfortunately they were on vacation while their habitat was getting redone. But we got to see some tall girafe's, pink flamingos and many other amazing creatures.

1 comment:

sara said...

Hey, that's the same time I'm crouched next to in my picture on the sistersaving blog. Hunter looks just like me!