Saturday, August 8, 2009

The Trek to the Grady's Farm

One of our favorite things to do is going on a trek. We load everybody up onto 4-wheelers, mules and the rhino and go for a long ride down the country roads. This year we decided to go to the Grady's farm. It was a lot farther than we've gone before but everyone was excited.I ended up driving the rhino with Isaac & Cannon as my passengers. It didn't have a front windshield and so I got very dirty from all the dust being kicked up from those in front of me. Luckily I had my sunglasses on, but my contacts still became very irritated. I had very red, scratchy eyes for the rest of the day. It was a pretty drive (from what I could see) and when we got onto the Grady's land we drove right past all of the cows.The main reason that we went to the Grady's was so that my BIL and my sweetheart could slaughter the pig that we would be having for our 4th of July feast. The kids ran around petting the animals and even sat on the mama pig! Then they went off to play on the trampoline while some of us watched the pig's life come to an end. It was just life on the farm.

2 comments:

Smart Helm said...

Ew... But looks like the kids had fun. The pig looks like it's having fun too :-)

Shawna said...

That is some pig.

oh and it looks like that was some weggie.