Monday, September 15, 2008

Alarm Clock

Lately our alarm clocks haven't been working. Alarm clock #1 (aka Hunter) has been still getting up at his normal time (6:30ish), but instead of getting us up to help him he has been going to the living room and turning on the t.v. by himself. He has even learned how to get to the cartoon channel that he wants, and how to change to play a video game. As long as he likes the game then he lets us keep sleeping.

Alarm clock #2 (aka Audrey) has been sleeping to 7:30 and once even 8:30! So her crying to get out of bed hasn't been there to wake us up.

Cannon, after eating around 5:00 am doesn't wake up until around 8:00 to eat again.

You'd think that we'd be getting an overabundance of sleep and would be happy and cheerful, but Russell still doesn't go to bed until midnight (or later) and I get woken up by Cannon fussing, sometimes Audrey crying and Hunter getting into bed with us and then putting his knees in my back all night.

So the extra sleep in the morning has been very helpful, but I really wish I could get a full night sleep! Or maybe even a nap someday. That hardly ever happens.

So I'm craby, cranky and just unpleasant to be around most days. One day I even blammed yoga for my crabbiness, but then realized that it was probally just lack of sleep. I mean really, who gets crabby after yoga? Isn't that supposed to be peaceful?

1 comment:

sara said...

I've only been to 1 yoga class ever and I didn't find it very relaxing. Sorry about the lack of sleep. If you need me to take the kids while you nap I'd totally be willing to do it. I was thinking about taking Audrey to build a bear and I could take Hunter and Cannon too if you want. Only if you promise to nap though, none of this cleaning and cooking nonsense.