Monday, September 22, 2008

Threats

As parents we make threats all the time. Threats like if you don't eat your vegetables then you don't get ice cream. If you don't clean your room, your friend can't come over. ETC.

Just a few minutes ago I was cleaning Hunter's poopy underwear and bum, because he had an "accident". He was busy playing the Wii and didn't pause and go to the bathroom. He just went in his pants, then paused the game and asked me to help clean up.

I HATE this!

So I was talking to him about the same things we've said a billion times. "Listen to your body" "stop what you are doing" "go to the bathroom". Now the threat... I told him that if he didn't stop playing his game and go poo poo in the potty that I would give his game to a little boy that knows how to go poo poo in the potty. He immediately started crying.

After all was clean we went to the kitchen to eat lunch. He asked how I was going to find a little boy. I said that I was sure that it wouldn't be hard for me to find someone that knows how to poo poo in the potty.

He said, "Then where am I going to live once you get a new little boy."

Soooo that threat didn't come across right.

I said that of course I was going to keep him and that I loved him, I just didn't love his poopy pants.

1 comment:

Nutty Hamster Chick said...

Wow, hang in there. I guess that makes you stop and think, huh.